h87a - preorders!
h87a - a fully-programmable PCB for custom a.87-layout tenkeyless (TKL) mechanical keyboards.
Normal (1.6mm) and thin (1.2mm) versions are available for this round. The thin version will allow for more flex.
The normal thickness (1.6mm) h87a is matte black with a solid black FR4. The thin (1.2mm) h87a will be gloss red with solid black FR4.
This pre order is currently only for the normal thickness model, estimated delivery to hineybush keyboards is early December, 2019. Preorder shipping will occur soon after.
To check/estimate compatibility: h87a Compatibility Chart
For the thin PCB, pay attention to how tight you make the stabilizer screws while using the spacers as they can cause the stabilizer to bind and not return properly.
I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THIS PCB WILL FIT YOUR CASE, even if it is listed as "probable" by the spreadsheet linked above. If you have doubts, wait until someone else with your case tries this PCB.
This PCB WILL NOT fit your:
- Coolermaster TKL
- Varmilo TKL
- WASD Code TKL
- Ducky TKL
- Leopold TKL
- Corsair TKL
- Logitech TKL
- Razer TKL
- any other OEM TKL
- TKL PCB, programmable via QMK.
- MX plate/PCB mount only. NO ALPS SUPPORT ON THIS VERSION
- "Skinny A87" form factor - same footprint as B87, but same USB placement and stab layout as A87.
- Standard ANSI and WKL bottom rows, ISO enter, short right and left shifts, 2u backspace
- Top-side Mini USB port
- Bi-directional spacebar and right shift stabilizer mounting (north or south) - You must use screw-in stabilizers on AT LEAST these two positions
- RGB underglow
- One-color in-switch LED
- Powered by Atmega32U4 MCU
- No physical reset switch - just short two pins on the PCB (for case compatibility)
- In-switch indicator lights - connected via jumpers
- Pins to solder a daughter board on (Moon TKL, for example)
- JST SH 4-pin connectors for USB daughterboards and RGB breakout
- Fully soldered and pre-programmed with a basic TKL map out of the box
- SPI pins
- Breakaway USB port for cases that use USB daughterboards
- Breakaway switch stabilizer supports along bottom of PCB (for cases w/ limited clearance)
Github link for QMK:
Thank you Hayt for the product image :)